1) Marinate the cubed chicken with ginger garlic paste, salt; use chicken thighs for a better taste. Keep them covered in the fridge for 2-3 hours.
2) In a saucepan, heat water till it's boiling and to the water add the quartered onions along with milk, garlic cloves, ginger knots, green cardamom and a pinch of salt.
3) Let it all boil and reduce by half. Blend it till you get a smooth gravy, make sure that there are no chunks in it.
4) In a kadai, heat the ghee and fry off the slit green chillies, add in the blended gravy and start cooking.
5) Season the gravy with salt, pepper and garam masala and finish off the gravy with some cream.
6) Add in the chicken and cook it for 12-13 minutes till the chicken is tender.
7) Garnish with chopped coriander and crushed black pepper and serve.