Chicken Kali Mirch
Preparation time 10 Minutes
Cooking time 25 Minutes
Onions - 2
Milk - 150ml
Garlic cloves - 8-10
Ginger knots - 2
Green cardamom - 8-10
Black pepper - 1 tbsp
Garam masala - 1 tsp
Chicken cubes - 250 gms
Fresh cream - 1/4 cup
Ghee - 3-4 tbsp
Slit green chillies - 3-4
A very simple recipe that is made using your regular pantry ingredients and yields great result. The USP of the recipe is that you can prepare and store the gravy for a really long time! You can also easily recreate a veg version of this wonderful recipe!
1) Marinate the cubed chicken with ginger garlic paste, salt; use chicken thighs for a better taste. Keep them covered in the fridge for 2-3 hours.
2) In a saucepan, heat water till it's boiling and to the water add the quartered onions along with milk, garlic cloves, ginger knots, green cardamom and a pinch of salt.
3) Let it all boil and reduce by half. Blend it till you get a smooth gravy, make sure that there are no chunks in it.
4) In a kadai, heat the ghee and fry off the slit green chillies, add in the blended gravy and start cooking.
5) Season the gravy with salt, pepper and garam masala and finish off the gravy with some cream.
6) Add in the chicken and cook it for 12-13 minutes till the chicken is tender.
7) Garnish with chopped coriander and crushed black pepper and serve.
A south Indian classic recipe with the added goodness of lemongrass. Lemongrass generally compliments this coconut based curry so well, that you will never go back to the traditional method.Read more
Kadhi, as we all know, is a staple in many of our homes, especially in north India but it's the same old taste that has survived ages without any tweak. This recipe is just a small attempt to play around with this classic dish and to take it to the next level.Read more