Chilli Peanut Brittle
Preparation Time 10 Minutes
Cooking Time 6-7 Minutes
Sugar - 2 cups
Peanuts - 1 cup
Baking soda - 1 tsp
Butter - 2 tbsp
Chilli Flakes - 1 tsp
Thai Sweet Chilli Sauce - 20 ml
1) In a sauce pan, add sugar along with 50 ml water and start cooking on a medium heat.
2) Add peanuts, chilli flakes and sweet chilli sauce to it while stirring.
3) Keep stirring continuously till the sugar starts to bubble and turns golden in colour.
4) When it reaches a golden caramel colour (hard crack), take it off the heat.
5) While it's still hot, add butter and baking soda that will trigger rapid expansion making it light and bubbly.
6) Spread it out evenly in a greased baking tray and let it cool.
7) Break it into small pieces and serve.
A healthy alternative to the age old aloo ki tikki, made without potato and all the heaviness.Read more