- Smoked paprika: 1 tsp
- Butter: 1 tbsp
- Basil leaves:
- Black pepper: to taste
- Liquid cheese: 1 tbsp
- Egg: 4
- Vinegar: 1 tsp
- Salt: to taste
- Extra virgin olive oil: 100 ml
Start by separating the egg whites and yolks in two bowls. Whisk the egg whites till they reach stiff peaks. Set these eggs aside.
- Heat some water in a stainless steel milk pan. Set the bowl with egg yolks in it over boiling water and start whisking them. Add some vinegar, salt and extra virgin olive oil to the bowl and keep on whisking them till completely emulsified. Optionally add some liquid cheese and smoked paprika.
- In a nonstick pan, melt some butter on medium low heat. Add in the egg whites and cook them slowly so that they get light and fluffy. Once cooked, flip them over and take it out of the pan.
- Slice the cooked eggs in the shape of a bread and cut it in half. Place some sliced tomatoes, onions and cheese slices. Dress it with some prepared mayonnaise, basil leaves and fresh black pepper.
- Top the bread with the other half and enjoy.
To check whether your eggs have stiff peaks or not, dip your whisk in the eggs and lift it out. If the peak formed with the whipped egg whites falls or bends it is called a soft peak. If the peak remains still and holds its shape then it is a stiff peak.