1) Boil the eggs till cooked hard-boiled, peel them and fry them till they get a golden crust and keep them aside.
2) Now for making the Chettinad masala, start with heating a frying pan and dry roasting the spices - cumin seeds, cardamom, dry red chilli, coriander seeds, star anise, bay leaves, poppy seeds, cashew nuts, whole black pepper, saunf and desiccated coconut. Dry roast them till they are fragrant and toasty and blend into a fine paste. The Chettinad masala is ready and can be stored up to a month.
3) Heat some oil in a kadai and chuck in the chopped ginger and garlic along with green chillies, curry leaves and chopped onion.
4) Once the onions are brown/golden, add in the fresh tomato paste (made by blending fresh tomatoes).
5) Add in turmeric powder, salt, red chilli powder and mix it all. To the pan add 1/2 cup Chettinad masala that we had prepared before.
6) Cover with water and cook for 10-12 mins and add in the cream.
7) Add in the fried eggs and coat them with the gravy.
8) Serve hot and garnish with fried curry leaves, crushed black pepper and chilli oil (rogan).