Cinnamon and Coffee Cake
Preparation time 5 Minutes
Cooking time 20 Minutes
Egg - 1
Caster sugar - 1/2 cup
Melted butter - 1/2 cup
Milk - 1 cup
Cinnamon powder - 1 tbsp
Espresso - 1 shot
Refined flour - 1.5 cups
Baking flour - 1 tbsp
1) In a bowl crack open an egg and dissolve the sugar by whisking it in.
2) Next, add in the melted butter and milk and whisk properly.
3) Mix the refined flour with the cinnamon powder and the baking powder and slowly fold it in the liquid ingredients.
4) Lastly, whisk in the shot of espresso and pour the batter in a Meyer springform cake tin.
5) Bake at 180 degrees for 20 mins.
6) Once baked, sprinkle the cake with coffee powder and serve it warm.
A very popular dish in the country of China which is like a savoury pancake and is a very good breakfast option considering the popularity of paranthas.Read more