A fresh homemade preparation of the generally store-bought commodity. A zingy pickle with flavours of mustard and sharpness of green chilli, perfect to fire up any meal!
1) Break the green chillies in half, sprinkle some salt on them and let them rest for 35 minutes to extract the water.
2) In a Meyer Select fry pan, heat mustard oil, and add mustard seeds.
3) Once the mustard seeds start to pop, chuck in curry leaves and also the ginger garlic paste and vinegar.
4) Once sauteed, add green chillies along with the powdered spices and sugar and coat everything properly.
5) For better result, make small slits in the green chillies so that the masala penetrates properly.
6) Once coated, transfer it to a pickle jar, and let it rest for a few hours, a day or two preferably.
7) The acid in the vinegar will slowly break down the chillies and make them nice and soft.