Green Chilli Pickle
Preparation time 10 Minutes
Cooking time 10 Minutes
Green chilli - 250 gms
Ginger garlic paste - 1 tbsp
Mustard oil - 100 ml
Curry leaves - 1 bunch
Mustard seeds - 1 tbsp
Red chilli powder - 1 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
Black pepper - 1 tsp
Meat masala - 1 tsp
Vinegar - 50 ml
Sugar - 1 tbsp
1) Break the green chillies in half, sprinkle some salt on them and let them rest for 35 minutes to extract the water.
2) In a Meyer Select fry pan, heat mustard oil, and add mustard seeds.
3) Once the mustard seeds start to pop, chuck in curry leaves and also the ginger garlic paste and vinegar.
4) Once sauteed, add green chillies along with the powdered spices and sugar and coat everything properly.
5) For better result, make small slits in the green chillies so that the masala penetrates properly.
6) Once coated, transfer it to a pickle jar, and let it rest for a few hours, a day or two preferably.
7) The acid in the vinegar will slowly break down the chillies and make them nice and soft.
A Mediterranean must-have, made using aubergines and robust flavours of roasted garlic. An amazing dip to go along with your evening snacks.Read more