Lentils & Spinach Rollups
Preparation time 35 Minutes
Cooking time 6-7 Minutes
Bread Slices - 2 no.
Yellow Lentils (Moong Dal) - 30 gms
Spinach - 1/2 bunch
Mayonnaise - 20 gms
Mozarella Cheese - 10 gms
Butter for grilling
1. Lay flat the slices of bread and flatten them out using a rolling pin.
2. Boil the lentils till soft and the blend them in a mixie.
3. Mix the blended lentils with mayonnaise and add seasonings.
4. Blanch the spinach and cool in ice water.
5. Spread the lentil spread on the flattened bread.
6. Put grated mozzarella cheese and blanched spinach.
7. Carefully roll the bread In a cigar shape.
8. Heat butter in a frying pan and just toast the bread rollup till golden and crispy.
A Mediterranean dip/spread made out of chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, and garlic. Always a hit at game days.Read more