How to make Loaded Rajma Patties?
1) Wash and soak rajma for 10-12 hours and pressure cook it for 4-5 whistles. Drain the water completely. Let this cool.
2) In a Meyer Saute Pan, heat oil and add chopped onions. When the onions become golden brown, add ginger garlic paste and green chillies. Add the boiled rajma and merge it all. Add the seasoning along with the powdered spices and take the pan off the heat.
3) Let the rajma cool off. Throw in a handful of mint to the and grind into a fine paste. If it is too thick, you can add a few tbsp of water.
4) To the ground paste, add one boiled grated potato. Mix well into a thick dough.
5) Grease hands with oil and make small patties with the mixture and stuff a small cube of mozzarella in the centre. Coat the patties in sooji to make a crispy crust.
6) Heat a Meyer Dosa Tawa and grease it with oil. Shallow fry the patties in the dosa tawa until crispy. Fry both sides..
7) Sprinkle little chaat masala and serve with sauce or chutney of your choice.
1) It is a non-deep fried snack. You can make this ahead and keep it inside the refrigerator.
2) We have used plain boiled kidney beans for these tikkis, but you can also use canned kidney beans for this recipe.
3) In place of suji, you can roll the tikkis in corn flour or maida or even crushed bread.
4) You can simply arrange this tikki on the bottom of a bun, top with lettuce, cheese slice, layer with mayonnaise and tomato ketchup and served with the buns and tomato, onions and lettuce.