Loaded Rajma Patties
Preparation time 20 Minutes
Cooking time 10 Minutes
Refined oil - 10 ml
Onion - 1
Ginger - 1 knot
Garlic - 5-6
Green chilli - 1
Ginger-garlic paste - 1 tbsp
Rajma - 2 cups
Red chilli powder - 1 tsp
Cumin powder - 1 tsp
Rajma masala - 1 tsp
Mint leaves - Handful
Potato - 1
Mozarella cheese - 1 cube
Sooji rawa - 100 gms
1) Wash, soak and boil rajma till soft and keep aside.
2) In a saute pan, heat oil and add chopped onions.
3) When the onions caramelise, add chopped ginger, garlic and chilly.
4) Spoon in a tablespoon of ginger garlic paste.
5) Add the boiled rajma in the saute pan and combine it all.
6) Add the seasoning along with the powdered spices and take the pan off the heat.
7) Throw in a handful of mint and grind into a fine paste.
8) To the ground paste, add one boiled grated potato.
9) Make small patties with the mixture and stuff a small cube of mozzarella in the centre.
10) Coat the patties in sooji to make a crispy crust.
11) Shallow fry the patties in a dosa tawa till crispy.
12) Serve with chutney of your choice.
A very good option for people trying to cut down on their non-veg intake or are looking for vegetarian alternatives to Asian dishes. Mushrooms, specially shitake, have a nice meaty texture which makes it a perfect pick for this stir fry.Read more