Palak Paneer Canapés
Preparation time 20 Minutes
Cooking time 10 Minutes
Ghee - 1 tsp
Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
Green chilli - 1
Garlic - 3 cloves
Spinach - 1 bunch
Cream - 1 tbsp
Ginger - 1 knot
Cottage cheese (paneer) - 1 cup
Red chilli powder - 1 tsp
Crackers - 6-7
Paprika - Pinch
Fried onion - For garnish
1) In a Meyer Forgestone frypan, heat a teaspoon of ghee and add in the cumin seeds. Once they splutter, add in the chopped garlic and green chilli.
2) Next, add in the blanched and chopped spinach and toss till combined.
3) Add cream and seasoning to the spinach and keep it aside.
4) In another pan, heat ghee and add in the chopped ginger.
5) Grate the cottage cheese and add it to the pan and cook it till combined.
6) Add in the seasoning along with red chilli powder and keep the cheese in a separate bowl.
7) On a crack, spread a layer of the tempered spinach and top it off with a ball of tempered cottage cheese.
8) Garnish with a sprinkle of paprika and fried onions.
South Indian food works excellently well with typical south-east Asian ingredients as their food is sort of similar and hence this classic South-Indian dish gets a fresh twist with the addition of lemongrass and served with a red curry dip.Read more