Sesame and Quinoa lettuce wraps
Preparation time 5 Minutes
Cooking time 10 Minutes
Sesame oil - 5 ml
Chopped garlic - 5 cloves
Chopped bell pepper - 1 each
Boiled quinoa - 10 gms
Light soy sauce - 1 tbsp
Sliced purple cabbage - 1 cup
Coconut cream - 1/2 cup
Dill leaves - 1 tbsp
Lettuce leaves - 1 bunch
Sesame seeds - 1 tbsp
1) In a Circulon Chef’s pan, heat the sesame oil and add in the chopped garlic and bell peppers.
2) Pour in the soy sauce and give it a toss combining it all.
3) Add in the sliced purple cabbage and give only a quick toss to ensure that the cabbage remains crispy and crunchy.
4) Season the mixture with salt and pepper.
5) In a separate bowl combine the coconut cream and chopped dill leaves to make the dressing.
6) Wash and dry the lettuce leaves and take out the whole leaves; ensure they don’t break.
7) Place a spoonful of the mixture on the lettuce leaf, top it with the coconut dressing and sprinkle a few toasted sesame seeds.
8) Make them into tight rolls and serve.
9) The lettuce will be cold and crunchy with a flavourful and hot mixture in the centre making it a perfect party snack.
A trifle made with Indian winter staple and is perfect for health conscious as it contains the brulee’d top, cooling rose and chia seed custard at the bottom.Read more
Freshly baked pastries are a winter classic and the best out of the lot are danish pastries with a crispy flaky crust and a fruit and custard filling, this particular one is made of strawberry jam and tender coconut flesh. Taking Sunday brunches to another level with this recipe.Read more