Stuffed Paratha Pockets
Preparation time 20 Minutes
Cooking time 20 Minutes
Refined oil - 10 ml
Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
Corn kernels - 1 cup
Mushrooms - 1/2 cup
Green chilli - 3-4
Turmeric - 1 tsp
Red chilli powder - 1 tsp
Sesame oil - 1 tsp
Garlic - 2 cloves
Onion - 1
Chicken mince - 200 gms
Light soy sauce - 10 ml
Refined flour - 1 cup
Egg - 1
Hot sauce - Few drops
Cheddar cheese - Handful
1) Make a soft dough using refined flour and let it rest.
2) In a Meyer Safecook fry pan, heat oil and add in the cumin seeds.
3) Next, add chopped chillies along with the vegetables (corn and chopped mushrooms).
4) Add seasoning along with the turmeric powder and red chilli powder.
5) Pour in a small amount of water and let the vegetables cook through, lightly mash while cooking.
6) In another pan, heat the sesame oil for the other filling.
7) Chuck in the finely chopped garlic and saute.
8) Add the finely chopped onion and let it sweat.
9) Add in the chicken mince along with the light soy sauce, salt and pepper and toss them properly.
10) Portion out the refined flour dough and roll it flat into a rectangle and place the filling at the center. Add an egg yolk and hot sauce to the chicken portion and grated cheese to the veg portion.
11) Fold the edges on top of each other like an envelope and shallow fry in a dosa pan.
12) Make it crispy on all sides and cut into quarters.
13) Serve with pickle or any kind of chutney.
A vegetarian biryani recipe that is made using black rice. Not only is black rice rich in dietary fiber and antioxidants but it also has a much more intense flavour.Read more