Sweet And Savoury Muffins
Preparation time 10 Minutes
Cooking time 20 Minutes
Unsalted butter - 1 cup
Caster sugar - 1/2cup
Mango puree - 30 ml
Eggs - 4
Refined flour - 2.5 cups
Cheddar cheese - 1 cup
Smoked paprika - 1 tsp
Parsley - 1 tsp
Milk - 100 ml
Garlic powder - 1 tsp
Fresh mango - 1
Strawberry jam - 2 tbsp
Baking powder - 1 tsp
1) Melt 1/2 cup unsalted butter and cream the sugar along with it.
2) Add in the mango puree to the butter and whisk it in.
3) Crack in 2 eggs and add flour to make a batter.
4) Add in the baking powder to the batter and whisk again.
5) In another bowl, take a cup of refined flour and crack in 2 eggs
6) Add in 1/2 cup of unsalted butter along with the cheddar cheese and whisk it.
7) Add in the salt, pepper, parsley, smoked paprika and garlic powder to the cheese batter and whisk till all combined.
8) Gradually add in the milk to correct the consistency.
9) Spoon in both the batters in a muffin tray and bake at 180 degrees for 25 minutes.
10) Remove the mango muffins and cover the cheese muffin with some more grated cheese and bake again at a high temperature till the cheese is melted.
11) Garnish the mango muffins with strawberry jam and chopped fresh mango.
An American staple with a modern twist and a certain depth of flavours to make it a little bit healthy, if not completely.Read more