Qualities of a good Non-Stick Cookware:
Let’s us uncover the secrets of a good Non-Stick Cookware
1. The number and thickness of the layers along with the quality of the material determine the quality of the non-stick coating. Encapsulated aluminum base is one of the best choices for great non-stick pans. Known for evenly distributing heat, when combined with a good non-stick, it will surpass your expectations.
2. The best non-stick coating must be of food grade quality and 100% PFOA free, lead-free and cadmium free. While choosing your cookware, this must be on your checklist. Such coatings are formulated and quality tested to resist peeling or chipping.
3. Some companies have pioneered the art of creating non-stick cookware. These names include Whitford (USA) and Chemours (USA). These names have been dedicated to the development of non-stick coating systems in terms of their performance, safety and sustainability.
4. It is the quality of the coatings that make the food completely non-reactive and safe for healthier cooking. Always check for validation from bodies like FDA, which are responsible for protecting the public health by assuring that food is safe, wholesome, sanitary and properly labeled. It’s an additional measure to ensure us using the best quality non-stick cookware for preparing nourishing and sumptuous meals.
5. There are lots of myths around non-stick cookware. For instance, “Non-stick is not safe”, “Non-stick coat wears off easily”, “All non-stick coatings are the same”, “There are too many do’s and don’ts with non-stick coating. It’s high maintenance.” And lastly, “Non-stick is expensive”. Please ignore hearsay and invest in believing facts instead. A good-quality non-stick can be used for years. Easy maintenance makes it, “The Hot Tamale” of your kitchen.
FAQ about Non-Stick cookware: Let’s address your most prominent concerns:
Q: How does non-stick cookware help you?
A: A non-stick cookware can make your cooking easy in many ways. It is incredibly easy to, it gives you the liberty to use less oil, and it has faster cooking capabilities.
Q: How does non-stick cookware work?
A: A cookware surface is ragged and covered with numerous microscopic nooks and crannies. When the cookware is heated, the metal used in it expands and these pores enlarge, propelling the food to seep in the pores, solidify and stick. To minimize this, you can coat the pan with oil that will fill its fissures so that the food bits can’t enter or you can use a cookware that has been industrially coated with a nonstick material that fills its pores, making the surface smooth nonstick.
Q: What are the best foods to cook in non-stick cookware?
A: Foods that cook well in lower heat and that tend to stick to the surface like fish and eggs will hugely benefit from non-stick cookware.
Q: What kind of cooking should be avoided in a non-stick cookware?
A: Avoid deeply browning your food as the molecules in non-stick coating don’t conduct heat as efficiently, therefore, its ability to conduct heat diminishes.
Q: Should you use oil on non-stick pans?
A: You are not required to coat the entire pan with oil. You may use a little oil to create a barrier between the food and the pan. You are also recommended to heat a non-stick utensil by first putting oil in it, this will give better protection to the surface of your cookware.
Help us know you better! Tell us more about your experience with stainless-steel cookware? Tell us your questions about the products listed in here? Tell us more about what you think about stainless-steel and why?? Help us tell your story to others!!
Explore Meyer Cookware Range here
I have been using my non-stick for years. I never knew that you should check so many things before buying one. I think its time to throw the one i have. Great article. Thanks
Whoa ! i did not know half the things about non-stick pans. Thank you for the post
Leave a comment