Kapikachu is a tropical legume. The plant is known for making people very itchy when they touch it, especially the young leaves and seed pods. It can be used in farming and gardening, and it can also be used to treat a number of illnesses. Kapikacchu has flowers that are white, lilac, or purple. Its seed pods are about 10 cm long and have loose orange hairs that make a person's skin itch very badly if they touch it. A protein called mucuna causes the itch. The seeds are dark brown or black and shiny. The dry weight of 100 seeds is between 55 and 85 grams.
In Latin and Sanskrit, the Kapikachhu plant is also called Macuna Pruriens and Kaunch. People also call this the velvet bean or, in English, the cowhage. It is made up of a variety of things, like crude protein (11–23%) and crude fibre (35–40%). In this way, it brings the endocrine, reproductive, and nervous systems of the body into balance. So, this plant is one of Ayurveda's hidden gems.
Kapikacchu has a number of agricultural and medical uses. Specifically, it can help with sexual problems, diseases that cause nerve cells to die, and sleep problems. Also, it can make your body make more dopamine, which can naturally make you feel better. Most importantly, it keeps the three doshas in balance by lowering vata and raising pitta and kapha.
This plant has five main healing or doshic effects that make it useful for medicine. First, it has the gunas or qualities of guru (heaviness in digestion) and snigdha (unctuousness or oiliness). Second, in terms of rasa, or taste, it's sweet and sour (bitter).
Nutritional value of Kapikachu:
Kapikacchu has L-dopa (4-3,4-dihydroxyphenylalanine), glutathione, lecithin, gallic acid, glycosides, nicotine, purenine, prurenidine, dark brown viscous oil, alkaloids mucaine, tannic acid, resin, and lecithin. Kapikacchu silage has 11-23% crude protein, 35%–40% crude fibre, and 20–35% crude protein in the dried beans. It can get rid of worms, make you pee more, make your nerves calm, tighten your skin, heal wounds, relieve pain, and settle your stomach.
Health benefits of Kapikachhu:
- Improves mood
- If someone's dopamine levels are low because they use stimulants or because of the stress of modern life, taking mucuna can have a big effect on their mood. Studies like this one show that the L-dopa in mucuna pruriens makes the brain cortex make more dopamine.
- When people take kapikachhu powder or mucuna pruriens supplements on an empty stomach, their moods improve and they feel more alert within an hour. But it's important to note that more dopamine is not better, and the L-dopa doses in Kapikacchu should be low.
- A slight rise in the amount of dopamine in the body can have many positive effects on mental and physical health. On the other hand, taking more L-dopa than is recommended can cause bad things to happen, like high blood pressure, tension, and feeling nervous. With pruriens, it is best to take things slowly at first.
- Increases Testosterone level
- The production of testosterone is a key part of both men's and women's sexual desire and performance. Even though women make a lot less testosterone than men do, it is still a very important hormone for sexual desire and interest.
- Kapikachhu has been used as an aphrodisiac for both men and women for a long time. A hormone called prolactin is one of the scientific reasons why the herb works so well for this purpose.
- Prolactin is a hormone that helps with reproduction, metabolism, and keeping the immune system in check. Small amounts of oestrogen are good for the body, but too much oestrogen can cause high levels. Prolactin tends to work against testosterone in the body, which makes people less interested in being sexual.
- In fact, impotence in men and low libido in women are common side effects of drugs that make prolactin work better.
- The L-dopa in a good kapikacchu extract raises the amount of dopamine in the body. This lowers the amount of prolactin in the body and raises the amount of testosterone. Because of this change in hormones, many women and men who take Kapikachhu notice right away that their sexual desire and performance improve.
- Increases dopamine level
Kapikacchu may help you gain lean muscle mass by increasing the amount of dopamine in your body and causing your body to make more human growth hormone. It has been shown that dopamine raises the amount of HGH in the body, and HGH is known to increase protein synthesis and help muscles grow.
- Decreases stress
One more benefit of Kapikacchu is that it helps you relax and get to sleep. L-dopa makes dopamine, which acts on the pineal gland. The pineal gland makes melatonin, which makes you sleepy. Higher levels of dopamine are also linked to less stress and a better ability to relax.
- Treats Parkinson's disease
Kapikachhu has a lot of long-term benefits for people with Parkinson's disease (PD).
- Solves problems with reproduction
Men who want to have more ejaculate can use the seeds of Kapikacchu. It is a very useful herbal medicine that helps women have more eggs. The Kapikachhu herb is very good for building up the nervous system and improving the health of the womb.