Black Bean String Beans
Preparation time 20 Minutes
Cooking time 10 Minutes
French beans - Handful
Butter - 1 tbsp
Garlic - 1 tsp
Ginger - 1 tsp
Dry red chilli - 1
Black bean sauce - 2 tbsp
Light soy sauce - 1 tbsp
Honey - 1 tbsp
Peanuts - 1 tbsp
Pepper - 1 tsp
Sesame oil - Few drops
Corn flour - 1 tbsp
1) Blanch the beans in salted water till they are just a little soft. They should be crunchy and not overcooked.
2) In a kadai, heat butter and add ginger and garlic to it.
3) Throw in the dry red chilli and fry it.
4) Add the black bean paste and the soy sauce and let it cook.
5) Add the honey and a few drops of water to make it a little saucy.
6) Chuck in the blanched beans and properly coat them with the sauce.
7) Add the sesame oil, peanuts at this point and toss.
8) Mix the cornflour in a few drops of cold water and add it to the beans.
9) Garnish with crushed peanuts and serve hot.