How to make Chicken 65 ?
1) Start by making your marinade. In a large bowl, add the hung curd, ginger & garlic paste, chopped curry leaves, black pepper, cumin powder, salt, kashmiri red chili powder and deggi mirch. Mix all together.
2) To this hung curd marinade, add 500 grams of chicken thighs cut into cubes. Mix this all together, massaging and coating the chicken evenly. Keep it in the fridge to marinate for at least 30 minutes.
3) After the chicken is marinated, take it out of the fridge and add rice flour to it. Mix it well to incorporate completely.
4) Heat your oil in a stainless steel kadai. Add your chicken cubes into the oil and fry till it turns dark red and golden. Take it out on a tissue paper and fry the rest of the pieces similarly.
5) After all the chicken pieces are fried, in a separate pan, drizzle some oil. To the oil add julienned green chillies, minced garlic, a bunch of curry leaves and fry them a little.
6) Add the fried chicken pieces to the tempering mix we just made and toss the chicken, coating it completely with the fried chillies and garlic. Top with some black pepper according to your taste. Serve it hot directly from this stage.
1) Make sure to use chili powder rich in color because without that the chicken would not get the appropriate color.
2) If you put in too much hung curd, you need not worry, because the rice flour would soak most of it up.
3) Do not overcrowd the pan while frying. This would reduce the temperature and result in an uneven fry.