How to make Chicken Ghee Roast ?
1) Start with washing the potatoes and boiling them.
2) While the chicken is marinating, make the homemade spice mix. Start by dry roasting cinnamon, green cardamom, star anise, saunf, black peppercorns, dried red chilies, fresh red chilies, and poppy seeds. Dry roast these spices for 2-3 minutes till fragrant, golden in colour and toasty in texture.
3) Once the spices are roasted, ground them into a masala. You can also store this masala for up to 4-5 months in a cool and dry place.
4) Now to cook the chicken, drizzle the ghee in a circular fry pan and add some chopped ginger and garlic to the pan. Once the ginger and garlic get a bit of colour, add in the mustard seeds, and slit green chilli along with the curry leaves and let them fry off.
5) Add in the marinated chicken along with all the marinade and roast it on high heat for 8-10 mins. Add the homemade masala, around 2-3 tbsp, made earlier along with some red chilli powder and black pepper.
6) Once the chicken is cooked, serve it on a plate and garnish it with fried curry leaves.