Chickpea and Sesame Burger
Preparation time 20 Minutes
Cooking time 10 Minutes
Boiled chickpeas - 1 cup
Garlic chopped - 4 cloves
Green chilli chopped - 2
Ginger chopped - 1 Knot
Parsley chopped - 1 tbsp
Chilly flakes - 1 tbsp
Onion powder - 1 tbsp
Smoked paprika - 1 tbsp
Tahini paste - 1 tbsp
Corn flour - 2 tbsp
1) Soak and boil the chickpeas and blend into a fine paste. Make sure the chickpeas are properly drained
2) To the blended chickpeas, add the chopped ginger, chilly and garlic, salt and pepper and mix.
3) Also chuck in the chopped parsley, chilly flakes, onion powder and smoked paprika.
4) Spoon in tahini paste and give the mixture a proper whisk.
5) Add the cornflour to give some binding and to ensure that it holds its shape.
6) Heat a Safecook grill pan and while it's heating, make small round patties of the chickpea mixture.
7) Grill off the patties and stuff them into buns with condiments of choice.
8) Serve hot with a side of fries.