Daliya and Pine Nut Tikki
Preparation time 15 Minutes
Cooking time 10 Minutes
Broken wheat (daliya) - 1 cup
Broken pine nuts
Soaked toor (arhar) dal - 1 cup
Chopped ginger - 1 knot
Red chilli powder - 1 tsp
Chopped green chilli - 1
Meat masala - 1 tsp
Bhuna jeera powder - 1 tsp
Garam masala - 1 tsp
1. Boil daliya and dal till soft, strain properly and keep aside.
2. In a mixing bowl, mix the soft daliya and dal.
3. Add chopped ginger, chilly and the roasted pinenuts.
4. Add powdered spices and seasoning and mix properly.
5. Add the roasted cumin and the coriander and give a last mix.
6. Make round patties and keep in the freezer for 10 mins to set.
7. In a skillet or frying pan heat 1 spoon of ghee.
8. Place the patties and shallow fry till golden and crispy on both the sides and cooked till the centre.
9. Serve with hung curd mixed with Tamarind chutney.
A Mexican delicacy with a crispy crunchy outer layer with a soft and chewy center flavoured with bananas. To an absolute power packed start to the day.Read more