Eggless Banana Loaf
Always wanted to try the famous banana bread, but couldn't because you can't find an eggless recipe? Today is a lucky day for all the vegetarian people out there because we've got the most perfect recipe for an eggless banana bread for you.
Table of Contents
What is Banana Bread?
Making banana bread involves mixing mashed bananas into a basic cake batter that has been kept slightly less sweet than usual to create a more harmonious final product. The finished product has a denser texture than typical bread and tastes moist and tender. It can be consumed on its own, with a sweet spread, or simply with some melted butter spread on top.
How to make Eggless Banana Loaf
- In a small microwave safe bowl, melt together some butter, vanilla extract and honey together. Add mashed ripe bananas into a large bowl.
- To the bananas add baking powder and baking soda, some cocoa powder and mix it all together. After this add some refined flour and fold it using a spatula.
- While mixing in the flour add the melted butter mixture and fold it simultaneously with the dry ingredients.
- Transfer the batter into a non-stick loaf pan and bake it for 20-25 minutes in a preheated 180 degree oven.
- Once the cake comes out of the oven, let it cool for 5-10 minutes and drizzle some honey over it. Slice it and serve.
- Do not add the wet mixture to the batter when it is extremely hot.
- Make sure that the bananas are well ripe before use.
- Do not work the dough too much after adding the flour, or the bread might turn out dense.
Eggless Banana Loaf
Here’s a new version of your all-time favourite banana bread that will surely hit all the right notes of your taste buds.
Butter - 2 tbsp
Clear Honey - 2 tbsp
Vanilla Extract - 1.5 tbsp
1 Ripe bananas - 2 large
Flour - 1 Cup
Baking Powder - 1.5 Tbsp
Baking Soda - 1.5 Tbsp
Cinnamon - 0.5 tbsp
Salt - 1 Pinch
Choco Chips - 1.5 cup
Put the butter, honey and vanilla in a pan on a low heat to melt. Then remove and set aside for a few minutes.
Mash the bananas in another bowl and set aside for a few minutes.
Next, sieve all the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon) in the mashed bananas.
Mix the melted butter mixture with the bananas and the dry mixture.
Gently fold everything together.
The mixture will be lumpy. Add choco chips in the end.
Bake for 20 - 25 mins at 180 degrees.
A simple banana bread can have many different additions, like chopped walnut chunks or even dark chocolate chips. Chocolate when baked in the bread gives really smooth and oozy chocolate pockets to the bread.
Leave a comment