- Mustard oil: ⅓ cup
- Cardamom: 4-5 pods
- Mustard seeds: 1 tsp
- Ginger garlic paste: 2 tsp
- Chopped onion: ¾ cup
- Curry leaves: handful
- Chopped tomatoes: 3
- Chopped green chilli: 3
- Turmeric powder: 1 tsp
- Red chilli powder: 1 tbsp
- Garam masala: 1 tsp
- Curd: ½ cup
- Water: 200 ml
- River sole fish cubes: 300g
- Chopped coriander: for garnish
- Ginger juliennes: for garnish
seeds, ginger garlic paste, chopped onions, curry leaves. Saute everything properly and add chopped tomatoes to it.
- Mix everything thoroughly and saute the onions with chopped green chillies. Saute everything and add turmeric, red chilli powder and garam masala to it.
- After everything is sauteed add fresh curd to the kadai, mix it up and add some water to the pan as well. Cook the curry till the oil separates and then add cubed river sole fish. Mix them up and finish it off with some fresh coriander.
- Serve the curry hot in a bowl and top it with some fresh chopped coriander and ginger juliennes.
A fish curry can be enjoyed with many things, like rice and malabar parathas. A little squeeze of lemon on top of the curry makes it way better.