Chicken Dumpling Soup
Preparation time 20 Minutes
Cooking time 50 Minutes
Refined Flour - 1 cup
Egg - 1
Refined oil - 2 tbsp
Butter - 1 cube
Chopped Onion - 1
Garlic - 6-7 cloves
Cubed Carrot - 2
Cubed Potato - 1
Milk - 1/2 Cup
Chicken Broth Powder - 1.5 Tbsp
Here’s a classic comfort dish that is perfect to make at home and enjoy whenever want. If you are craving for something simple, soothing and savoury, this is just perfect for you!
1. Make a dough with refined flour, egg, salt and water. Let it rest for 20 minutes.
2. In the meanwhile, heat butter in a sauce pan and add in chopped onion and garlic.
3. Saute for 2-3 minutes before adding the cubed carrots and potatoes. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Add in a litre of water and half cup milk along with the chicken broth powder and let it boil till the vegetables are 90% cooked.
5. Roll the dough into a thin cylinder and cut it into small pieces.
6. Soak the cut dough in water for 15 minutes to make it soft.
7. After 10 minutes of soaking, flatten the dough pieces into noodles using your fingers and drop them in the boiling broth.
8. Simmer for another 7-8 minutes till the soup gets a little thick.
9. Serve piping hot.
Kadhi, as we all know, is a staple in many of our homes, especially in north India but it's the same old taste that has survived ages without any tweak. This recipe is just a small attempt to play around with this classic dish and to take it to the next level.Read more