1. Make a dough with refined flour, egg, salt and water. Let it rest for 20 minutes.
2. In the meanwhile, heat butter in a sauce pan and add in chopped onion and garlic.
3. Saute for 2-3 minutes before adding the cubed carrots and potatoes. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Add in a litre of water and half cup milk along with the chicken broth powder and let it boil till the vegetables are 90% cooked.
5. Roll the dough into a thin cylinder and cut it into small pieces.
6. Soak the cut dough in water for 15 minutes to make it soft.
7. After 10 minutes of soaking, flatten the dough pieces into noodles using your fingers and drop them in the boiling broth.
8. Simmer for another 7-8 minutes till the soup gets a little thick.
9. Serve piping hot.