Amritsari Fish and Chips
Preparation time 20 Minutes
Cooking time 10 Minutes
Refined oil - For deep frying
Egg - 1
Besan - 1/4 cup
Rice flour - Rice flour
Ginger garlic paste - 1 tbsp
Roasted cumin powder - 1 tbsp
Meat masala - 1 tsp
Black pepper - 1 tsp
Red chilli powder - 1.5 tbsp
Lemon juice - 1 tbsp
Chaat masala - 2 tsp
Kasoori methi - 1 tsp
River sole fillet - 250 gms
Corn flour - 2 tbsp
Fresh lemon juice - 1/2 lemon
Potatoes - 2
1) Start making the batter by cracking open the egg in a bowl and adding the rice flour and besan to it.
2) Whisk till the flour is combined with the egg.
3) Add in the ginger garlic paste, cumin powder, meat masala, red chilli powder, salt, black pepper, kasoori methi and lemon juice.
4) Make a thick batter; if it gets too thick, add a few drops of water.
5) Add the river sole fish to the batter and let it marinate.
6) Meanwhile, take the potatoes, wash them but leave them unpeeled.
7) Cut them into fries and sprinkle them with corn flour and red chilli powder.
8) Deep fry the fish and the fries till crispy and crunchy and serve piping hot.
9) Sprinkle a bit of chaat masala on top as a final touch.
A spicy mushroom curry served in the form of canapé that is not only easy to eat but also mess-free. A must have on any party starter menu!Read more