Fruit jam steamed cake
Preparation time 5 Minutes
Cooking time 7 Minutes
Eggs - 2 no.
Castor sugar - 1/2 cup
Vanilla essence - Few drops
Milk - 2tbsp
Butter - 1/2 cup
Flour - 1 cup
Baking powder - 1 tsp
Salt - a pinch
Fruit jam - 4 tbsp
Condensed milk - 2 tbsp
1. In a bowl break open the eggs and add the sugar to it and whisk.
2. Add the vanilla essence, flour and baking powder and whisk again.
3. Lightly microwave half the jam so that it melts and add to the batter.
4. Pour the batter in a small microwave safe bowl.
5. Microwave the cake for 4 minutes along with a bowl of water placed in the microwave for steam.
6. Check after 4 minutes by poking the cake with a toothpick, it should come out clean with no batter sticking to it.
7. In a pan slowly heat the condensed milk along with jam while whisking.
8. Add a few drops of water to adjust the consistency.
9. Glaze the cakes and garnish with fruits of your choice and serve.
An excellent alternative to the classic friend rice without any starch or carbs, fit for people on Keto.Read more