- Refined Flour - 265g
- Caster Sugar - 130g
- Vanilla - 1 tsp
- Salted Butter - 225g
- Icing sugar: for garnish
- Strawberry jam: 5-6 tbsp
Start by preparing the cookie dough, by taking softened butter in a stainless steel tasla and creaming it. To the creamed butter add caster sugar and mix that as well.
- To the creamed butter and sugar, add some vanilla essence and add refined flour to it. Fold and mix the flour into the butter and knead it lightly together to form a dough.
- Chill the dough for 10-15 minutes. After this, roll the dough between 2 sheets of butter paper into a thin sheet of dough. After rolling the dough, cut out as many circles as you can using a 3-4 cm cookie cutter.
- Place them all onto a non-stick baking sheet and chill them in the fridge for 10-15 minutes. After this cut out the centres of half the circles using a smaller cookie cutter.
- Bake these in a preheated 170 degree oven for 12-15 minutes or until they turn golden brown. Once out of the oven and completely cool, dust them all with some icing sugar.
- Pipe a dollop of the strawberry jam (link homemade strawberry jam recipe) in the centre of the whole cookie and place a ring cookie over it and press slightly.
- Serve them all together at room temperature.
We need to keep in mind that the cookie is not overfilled with the jam so that it doesn't ooze out while being pressed. The jam used in this recipe can be easily made at home using our homemade strawberry jam recipe.