Apple Pie Pockets
Preparation time 10 Minutes
Cooking time 6-7 Minutes
Apples - 3
Cinnamon powder - 1 tsp
Maple syrup/honey - 20 ml
Sugar - 1/4 cup
Lemon juice - 2 tbsp
White bread - 6 slices
Oil - For frying
Butter - 2 tbsp
1) Peel and chop the apples into small cubes.
2) In a pan, add the apples and sugar together and start cooking.
3) Once the sugar melts and starts to caramelize, add the butter, lemon juice and cinnamon powder to the pan.
4) Reduce the apples until they are soft and a thick syrup is formed.
5) Cut roundels from the bread slices and lay them flat.
6) Add the filling to the bread and cover it with another roundel of bread and seal the edges.
7) Deep fry these stuffed bread till golden and crispy and serve.
8) Garnish with a drizzle of honey or maple syrup.
Just a little eggless substitute to the ever famous chocolate pancakes with a bit of Indian twist.Read more