What can be tastier, simpler and satisfying than this? Perhaps nothing! Potatoes are stir fried with luscious masalas, ginger, chillies, hing and more to create a hassle-free dish that works great as a tea-time snack, side dish as well as tiffin item.
The must-have for every party menu; it's your companion on all busy occasions due to its ease of preparation and approved flavour that appeals to almost every palate
As the name implies, this is a Potato Fry with a prominent flavour of Hing (Asafoetida) and Dhaniya (Coriander). In this easy recipe, baby potatoes are given a pungent flavour of hing and whole coriander seeds. Potatoes are a starchy vegetable that are high in carbohydrates. This popular vegetable is used in a variety of ways in Indian cuisine. Here we have stir fried them with wholesome spices to make it completely tempting and perfect to serve with rice as well as flatbreads.
Health Benefits of Hing Dhaniya Aloo
Though many people who want to maintain or lose their weight want to avoid potatoes, potatoes are actually very healthy and are loaded with essential nutrients like magnesium, fibre, niacin, folate, and phosphorus. Potatoes are also replete with starch that improves digestion and ease symptoms of constipation. Similarly, coriander leaves are high in vitamin K and calcium that is healthy for bones and lowers blood sugar levels. What's more, cumin seeds too have many benefits; they have anticancer properties and also fight against bacterial infections.
Easy and Quick Hing Aur Dhaniya Ke Chatpate Aloo
A simple combination that gives a spectacular result. This is a quick and easy veg recipe that you can prepare without any fuss and enjoy every day with puris, parathas, chapatis, phulka as well as rice. You can also add butter or amchoor powder for extra flavour. Even the kids will love the incredible taste of this popular Indian recipe. But if you are new to cooking, just follow our easy Hing Dhaniya Aloo recipe; trust us, you can’t go wrong with this!
1) Boil the potatoes with skin, let cool a little and peel off the skin. Cut the boiled potatoes into even cubes.
2) Heat a Meyer Saute Pan and pour ghee. Next, add the cumin seeds and let them crackle. When the cumin seeds start popping add chopped ginger, chopped garlic, chopped onion and slit green chilies.
3) Add asafoetida, coriander powder and cook well until the mixture turns golden. Follow this with adding chopped tomatoes and cook till they dissolve in the mixture. Next, add red chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt to the pan and toss. Mix all the ingredients well but don’t burn them. Keep a check on their colour.
4) Add tomato puree and combine all the spices. Add the potatoes and toss to mix them all well.
5) Garnish with crushed coriander seeds and fresh chopped coriander leaves. Stir and toss well. Serve it hot.