Szechwan Potato Pops
Preparation time 20 Minutes
Cooking time 10 Minutes
Refined oil - 1 tbsp
Garlic - 6 cloves
Ginger - 1 knot
Green chilli - 2
Onion - 1
Chilli paste - 1 tsp
Soy sauce - 1 tbsp
Honey - 1 tbsp
Potato - 2
Black sesame seeds - 1 cup
Corn flour - 2 tbsp
Refined flour - 1/2 cup
Bread crumbs - 1 cup
1) Boil the potatoes properly and grate them and keep aside.
2) In a fry pan, heat the oil and add in the chopped ginger, garlic and chilli along with the onion and saute.
3) Add in the chilli paste and the soy sauce along with the honey and the seasoning and make a masala.
4) Add the prepared masala to the potatoes and combine properly to make a potato mixture.
5) Make small balls of the mixture and freeze them.
6) In the meantime make mixtures of flour and water for coating, and bread crumbs and black sesame seeds for crumbling.
7) Dip the frozen potato balls in the flour mixture and roll them in the crumbs and deep fry till crispy
8) Serve them by placing a toothpick in each piece along with tomato ketchup.