How to make Mooli Paratha?
1) Start by adding the grated mooli, garlic, chilli, onion and all the dry spices in a bowl, season them according to taste and mix everything together./span>
2) Take one of the three balls of dough and flatten them out with your hands to form a small pocket. Inside that add a big heap of the spiced filling that we made.
3) Pinch the dough together and connect it with itself while simultaneously pressing the filling in the dough. Keep pressing and crimping in the dough till it's completely sealed off. Roll it in your hand a little to make a round shape.
4) Sprinkle some flour on the work surface and start to roll out a stuffed ball of dough. Roll it out till it's around 2-3 mm thick.
5) Heat a Meyer Non-Stick Pan or Tawa at an extremely high temperature. Lay the rolled paratha flat on the pan. Cook for 30-40 seconds on each side, then apply a thin layer of desi ghee and cook on both the sides again till it's brown and crispy to your liking.
6) Serve hot, topped with white or yellow butter, with your side of dahi or anything else.
- Make sure to squeeze out water from the grated radish or you won't be able to stuff it in the dough.
- Do not over stuff the dough, otherwise it would be problematic while sealing it.
- Roll the dough thinner, if you like a more crispy paratha.