1) Start by turning your oven on and set it at 180 degree celsius to preheat. This helps to give the bread an even rise and color.
2) In a bowl pour lukewarm milk, add your measured yeast to it, followed by the sugar and 1 tbsp salt, crack one egg on top and mix everything using a wire whisk.
3) Add your refined flour to the wet mixture and start to mix the dough with a silicone spatula. Once it starts to come together, turn it out on a floured surface and knead the dough for 4-5 minutes.
4) Add 2 tbsp of olive oil to your dough and knead it till it is totally incorporated. After kneading, tuck in your dough from the sides to form a smooth surface on top and let it rise in an oiled bowl, covered with a damp cloth in a warm environment for 1 hr.
5) While the dough is proofing, start making your garlic butter by adding melted butter in a bow, followed by minced garlic, parsley, garlic powder and season it with salt and pepper to taste.
6) Take the risen dough and knock all the air out of it. Start dividing and rolling the dough into small balls. In a Meyer Bakemaker Loaf Tin, start to layer all the dough balls and your garlic butter and cover it with a cloth for 1 hr, for the second and final proofing.
7) After 1 hr, take the leftover dough and add one egg to it. apply the egg wash on the proofed dough and put it in the oven heated to 180 degree celsius for 1 hr.
8) Remove the mold and enjoy.
- Make sure to add the olive oil after kneading the dough for a while, because fat hinders gluten formation.
- If the cloth covering the bowl isn't damp, the dough will dry out.
- Keep the dough in a warm environment for proofing, cold temperatures slow down the rise.