1) Wash and soak the rice and keep it aside.
2) In a bowl, marinate the chicken with ginger-garlic paste, salt, red chilli powder and chicken masala.
3) In a casserole, heat ghee & add the sliced onions to it. Saute till brown and add ginger-garlic paste.
4) Add green chillies and tomatoes once the onions are brown.
5) Add the marinated chicken along with cumin powder, coriander powder, and garam masala.
6) Add the beaten curd and let the chicken simmer till 80% done and add the chopped coriander and mint.
7) Remove the chicken in a bowl and keep it aside.
8) Heat water for rice and add milk, whole spices and salt to it.
9) Add the soaked rice and let it cook till 80% done.
10) Strain the rice and keep it aside.
11) In the casserole, add the first layer of just the chicken gravy to ensure the rice doesn’t burn at the bottom.
12) Then layer the rice and top it with chopped coriander, chopped mint, brown onion and saffron milk.
13) Repeat this layering process 2 more times and cover the casserole with a lid and let the biryani steam for another 15 mins.
14) Garnish with fried onions, coriander, mint, and elaichi powder.
15) Serve hot with raita of choice.