Murgh Dum Biryani
Preparation time 30 Minutes
Cooking time 30 Minutes
Chicken - 500 gms
Ginger garlic paste - 2 tbsp
Red chilli powder - 2 tsp
Basmati rice - 350 gms
Milk - 200 ml
Whole spices - 1 tbsp
Ghee - 6 tbsp
Onions - 2
Tomato - 2
Green chilli - 4
Coriander powder - 1 tsp
Cumin powder - 1 tsp
Coriander - 1 bunch
Mint - 1 bunch
Keora/Rose water - Few drops
Curd - 1 cup
Saffron - 1 gm
Chicken masala - 1 tsp
1) Wash and soak the rice and keep it aside.
2) In a bowl, marinate the chicken with ginger-garlic paste, salt, red chilli powder and chicken masala.
3) In a casserole, heat ghee & add sliced onions to it. Saute till brown and add ginger-garlic paste.
4) Add the green chillies and tomatoes once the onions are brown.
5) Add the marinated chicken along with cumin powder, coriander powder, and garam masala.
6) Add the beaten curd and let the chicken simmer till 80% done and add chopped coriander and mint.
7) Remove the chicken in a bowl and keep it aside.
8) Heat water for rice and add milk, whole spices and salt to it.
9) Add the soaked rice and let it cook till 80% done.
10) Strain the rice and keep it aside.
11) In the casserole, add the first layer of just the chicken gravy to ensure the rice doesn’t burn at the bottom.
12) Then layer the rice and top it with chopped coriander, chopped mint, brown onion and saffron milk.
13) Repeat this layering process 2 more times and cover the casserole with a lid and let the biryani steam for another 15 mins.
14) Garnish with fried onions, coriander, mint, and elaichi powder.
15) Serve hot with raita of choice.