Black Rice Vegetable Keema Biryani
Preparation time 40 Minutes
Cooking time 10 Minutes
Green cardamom - 3-4
Black cardamom - 2-3
Bay leaf - 2
Ghee - 1 tsp
Onion - 1
Black rice - 1.5 cups
Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
Ginger garlic paste - 1 tbsp
Green chilli - 2
Tomato - 1
Tomato puree - 1 tbsp
Red chilli powder - 1 tsp
Biryani masala - 1 tsp
Coriander powder - 1 tsp
Cumin powder - 1 tsp
Curd - 1/2 cup
Soya granules - 1.5 cup
Bell peppers - 1 each
Mint leaves - Few leaves
and antioxidants and also has an intense flavour.
1) In a Meyer Forgestone saucepan, heat water along with the whole spices and boil the black rice till its 80% done.
2) In a Circulon chef’s pan, heat ghee and saute off the sliced onion in it.
3) Once the onion is brown, add ginger garlic paste and slit green chillies.
4) Next, add sliced tomato and the tomato puree along with it.
5) Add soaked soya granules and cover them with the masala.
6) Add the powdered spices one by one along with the salt and let them cook for 10 minutes.
7) Once the keema is ready, add in the curd and chopped bell peppers and let it simmer for another 10 minutes.
8) Layer the cooked rice on top and garnish with fried onions and mint leaves.
9) Cover and cook till the rice is fully cooked and garnish with some more fried onions.
A dish synonymous to Indian breakfast all over the country gets a slight tweak making it bright green in colour and really fragrant in taste.Read more