Black rice vegetable keema biryani is a healthy and nutritious dish that is rich in antioxidants and aids in weight loss. It is sticky in nature and usually dishes like salad, kheer, and Pongal are prepared with it. This dish is perfect for a party or get-together as it is not only tasty but also healthy and filling. The best part about this dish is that it can be made in advance and refrigerated for later use.
If you're looking for a hearty, savory and delicious vegan dish, look no further than this vegan black rice keema biryani! This dish is packed with flavor, and it's so easy to make, that you could even pull it off for a weeknight dinner. Plus, it's vegan, soy-free, nut-free, and gluten-free, so it's perfect for just about anyone. So what are you waiting for? Give this vegan keema biryani a try, and you'll be hooked! This recipe is a vegan version of the traditional Indian dish called keema biryani. Keema is simply ground meat, usually lamb or beef, and biryani is a rice dish that is typically made with meat, vegetables, and spices. However, this vegan keema biryani swaps out the meat for hearty mushrooms, and it's just as savory and delicious as the original dish.
To make black rice vegetable keema biryani, first, cook the black rice in a pressure cooker with water and salt. Once the rice is cooked, set it aside to cool. In a pan, heat oil and fry the onions until they are brown. Add the ginger-garlic paste and fry for a few more minutes. Then, add the tomatoes and cook until they are soft. Add the spices and fry for a few more minutes. Now, add the cooked black rice and mix well. Finally, add the curd and mix well. Serve hot with raita.
1) Soak the rice for 30 mins before cooking. It is very important as it helps to get rid of the excess starch and makes the grains of rice long and separate. This is best done in a colander.
2) In a Meyer Saucepan available in your kitchen, heat water along with the whole spices and boil the black rice till it's 80% done and let it cool.
3) In a Circulon Chef’s Panor any pan available in your kitchen, heat ghee and saute the sliced onion in it. Once the onion is brown, add ginger garlic paste and slit green chilies and cook for 2 minutes.
4) Next, add sliced tomato and the tomato puree along with it and let it cook for another 1-2 minutes. Add soaked soya granules and cover them with the masala.
5) Add the powdered spices one by one along with the salt and let them cook for 10 minutes.
6) Once the keema is ready, add in the curd and chopped bell peppers and let it simmer for another 10 minutes.
7) Finally, add the cooked black rice and mix everything together well.
8) Let it all cook together for 5 more minutes and your delicious Vegetable Keema Biryani is ready..
1) Always soak the rice before cooking..
2) If you cook the rice in the microwave then keep the ratio of 1:1.25 for rice and water.
3) Undercooking the rice is important because the grains will continue to cook with the rest of the biryani ingredients.
4) Cilantro, mint, and kasoori methi should be added to give it a nice flavor.
5) To save time, buy already fried and golden and crispy onions from the store.
6) Always add Saffron strands for the final touch.