Pickled Nachos With Tempered Coconut Salsa
Preparation time 20 Minutes
Cooking time 10 Minutes
Makai ka atta - 1/2 cup
Refined flour - 3/4 cup
Fennel seeds - 1 tsp
Turmeric - 1/4 tsp
Red chilli pickle - 1 piece
Olive oil - 1 tsp
Garlic - 4 cloves
Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
Curry leaves - A few
Tomato - 1
Desiccated coconut - 1/2 cup
Coconut cream - 2 tbsp
Sour cream - 1 tbsp
Jalapenos - 4-5
Pepper - 1 tsp
1) Mix makai atta and refined flour together and chuck in the crushed fennel seeds, stuffing of the red chilli pickle and seasoning and make a tight dough.
2) For the coconut dip, heat olive oil and add in the chopped garlic in a Meyer Safecook non-stick pan,.
3) Next, add mustard seeds and curry leaves along with the chopped tomatoes to the pan and saute.
4) Toast the desiccated coconut till brown and keep it in a bowl.
5) Add coconut cream and sour cream to the bowl and add in the tempering.
6) Add in the seasoning along with chopped jalapeños to the salsa and combine it all to make a thick dip.
7) Roll the dough into a thin sheet, and cut it into triangles and bake at 180 degrees for 15 minutes.
8) Serve the nachos with a coconut dip.
The classic aloo chaat gets an Asian twist while retaining all the classic flavours like sweet, spicy and tangy. The only difference is that the flavours are derived from Asian ingredients.Read more