Creamy Mac and Greens
Preparation time 10 Minutes
Cooking time 25 Minutes
Macaroni - 150 gms
Milk - 200 ml
Refined flour - 2 tbsp
Butter - 2 tbsp
Cheddar cheese - 30 gms
Basil leaves - 10 gms
Mushrooms - 30 gms
Broccoli - 20 gms
Onion - 1
Parsley - 1 tsp
Chilly flakes - 1 tsp
Onion powder - 1 tsp
Olive oil - 1 tbsp
Maple syrup - 1 tbsp
Light soy sauce - 1 tbsp
Garlic powder - 1 tsp
1) Boil the macaroni till 90% cooked.
2) In a saucepan, melt butter and combine with flour.
3) Add the milk and make a thick sauce.
4) Add the cheese along with the parsley, chilly flakes, onion powder and garlic powder.
5) If you do not have onion powder and garlic powder, you can use freshly chopped onion and garlic as well.
6) In a bowl, add the olive oil, maple syrup and soy sauce., salt and pepper.
7) Add the florets of broccoli, sliced onions and mushrooms to it.
8) Heat a grill pan and grill the vegetables till almost cooked through.
9) Add the grilled vegetables to the sauce and give it a toss.
10) Garnish with basil leaves and olive oil.
A classic Indian breakfast dish with an Asian twist with flavours of soy and sesame and freshness of bell peppers.Read more