Sesame And Poppy Seed Seekh Kebabs
Preparation time 20 Minutes
Cooking time 10 Minutes
Ghee - 1 tsp
Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
Ginger - 1 tbsp
Carrot - 1
Beans - handful
Green chilli - 1
Mushrooms - 50 gms
Green peas - 1/2 cup
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
Coriander powder - 1 tsp
Cumin powder - 1 tsp
Potato - 1
Paneer - 1/2 block
Cheese - 1/2 cup
Corn flour - 1/4 cup
1) Prep the vegetables by chopping them finely and keep them aside.
2) In a Meyer Select sautepan, heat ghee and make a tempering with cumin seeds, chopped chillies, and chopped ginger.
3) Chuck in all the chopped vegetables and toss them till combined.
4) Add in the powdered spices and the seasoning at this point and combine them all.
5) Add the grated and boiled potato, grated cheese and grated paneer to the vegetable mixture and mix till you have a soft mixture.
6) Add in the cornflour for the binding and chill the mixture.
7) Carefully stick the vegetable mixture on a satay stick or a skewer and give them a cylindrical shape.
8) Heat a Meyer Safecook grillpan and add in a few drops of oil (optional).
9) Make a mixture of poppy seeds and sesame seeds and stick them on the kebab skewers.
10) Grill the kebabs till they have a crispy crust and serve them hot with the chutney of your choice.