Sticky Shitake Stir-Fry
Preparation time 20 Minutes
Cooking time 10 Minutes
Button mushrooms - 1 cup
Shitake mushrooms - 1 cup
Corn flour - 1/2 cup
Refined oil - 10 ml
Sesame oil - 1 tbsp
Garlic - 3 cloves
Ginger - 1 knot
Dry red chilli - 1
Onion - 1
Light soy sauce - 1
Bellpeppers - 1 each
Honey - 1 tbsp
Chilli paste - 1 tsp
Basil leaves - 5-6
1) Soak the dried shitake in hot water and let it rest till they are soft and drain them BUT reserve the water.
2) Sprinkle corn flour over the mushrooms so that they are properly coated.
3) In a wok/kadai, heat refined oil and fry off the mushrooms till they have a crispy crust around them.
4) In a separate kadai, heat sesame oil and add chopped ginger and garlic to it and saute.
5) Break the dried red chilli and add it to the kadai.
6) Add the chopped onions and bellpeppers to the wok.
7) Add the soy sauce, honey and chilli paste.
8) Tear the basil leaves and add them to the sauce.
9) Add the residual shitake water to the sauce to adjust the consistency.
10 ) Add the seasoning (salt and pepper).
11) Make a slurry of corn flour and water and add that to the sauce while stirring.
12 ) Mix in the fried mushrooms and coat it properly with the sauce.
13) Serve piping hot