Seasoning = Adding life to your cookware
When seasoning is not about adding flavour to food with salt, pepper and other spices but life to your cast iron cookware- tawa/skillet/pan- through a very simple process.
Seasoning your cast iron tawa is a cake walk!
- Clean your cast iron cookware how you clean it always and let it dry. Parched & Perfect.
- Apply a thin layer of oil on the cookware and using a kitchen towel or tissue paper, spread all over the cookware surface.
- Heat the pan on high flame for about 10-15 minutes.
- Repeat the process for 2-3 times before cooking and after cleaning for the first few uses.
Four steps = Four Benefits:
- You get a Natural Non-Stick cookware
- Will keep rust at bay.
- Adds life to the cookware
- Easy maintenance
Oil: Which one to use & not to use:
Really, this shouldn’t be a concern. All cooking oils and fats qualify as the eligible partner for your seasoning project. However, if you want a choice, we suggest Vegetable oil of any kind.
How much is too much?
Don’t splurge too much of it. A tablespoon often does the trick.
Click here to know more