- Garlic: 4 cloves
- Jalapeno slices: 7-8
- Hung curd: 1 cup
- Salt: to taste
- Pepper: to taste
- Lemon juice: ½ lemon
- Bacon strips: 4-5
- Bread : 2 slices
- Tomato: 1
- Iceberg Lettuce: 1 big leaf
Start by making the spread for your sandwich, for which, mince some garlic cloves with jalapeno slices and add them to a bowl of hung curd. Season the curd with salt and pepper, squeeze in lemon juice and mix everything together.
- To cook the bacon, lay all the bacon strips in a cold pan and put it on medium low heat. This cooks the bacon by rendering the flat slowly. Let them cook by themselves until they are nicely crisp.
- While the bacon is crisping up, slice a tomato into even slices and set aside. Finely shred an iceberg lettuce leaf and set it aside too.
- Once the bacon is cooked and crispy, take it out on a plate with tissue paper on it. In the same pan, lightly toast 2 slices of bread on both sides.
- Layer the sandwich with a generous spread of the jalapeno tzatziki dip, layer 3-4 slices of tomato on it, season the tomatoes with sea salt, add in the shredded lettuce, place the bacon strips over it. Spread the dip on the other slice as well and top it over the prepared sandwich.
- Slice and enjoy.
Cooking bacon requires no oil at all as the bacon’s fat itself renders out abundantly. The bacon strips are added into a cold pan so that the fat renders out evenly and completely.