Coffee And Cookies Mug Cake With Salted Caramel
Preparation time 5 Minutes
Cooking time 5 Minutes
Eggs - 1 no.
Flour - 4 tbsp
Baking Powder - 1 tsp
Milk - 3 tbsp
Oil - 3 tbsp
Castor Sugar - 3 tbsp
Cocoa Powder - 2 tbsp
Coffee powder 50 gms
Sugar (for caramel) - 1 tbsp
Butter - 1 tbsp cup
Cream - 1/4 cup
Salt - a pinch
Sugar Cookies - 5-6 pcs
1. In a bowl, break open one egg and add the sugar to it and beat till combined.
2. In a separate bowl add the flour, sift in the cocoa powder, coffee powder, and baking powder.
3. Add the dry ingredients to the egg bowl and mix properly.
4. Add the milk and the oil and mix till it looks like a batter.
5. Crush the cookies and mix them with a bit of butter and in a cup make a base with this biscuit crumb.
6. Add the cake batter to the mug till half full so it has space to rise.
7. Microwave the mug for 2 and a half minutes.
8. In a pan add the sugar and put it on medium heat.
9. Keep stirring the sugar until it melts and becomes a dark amber colour.
10. Add the butter and cream at this point while whisking.
11. Add the salt and whisk the sauce.
12. De-mould the cake from the cake onto a plate and pour the caramel on top.
13. Serve warm.
Have it on its own or as a condiment to big roasts or roasted whole birds. Either way its an absolute winner of a dish. Read more..Read more