Coffee And Caramel Cake
Preparation time 20 Minutes
Cooking time 60 Minutes
Refined Flour - 1 cup
Caster Sugar - 1.5 cups
Butter - 150 gms
Milk - 400 ml
Coffee - 3 tbsp
Fresh Cream - 1/2 cup
Condensed Milk - 1/2 cup
Eggs - 2
Corn Flour - 2 tbsp
1) In a bowl add the refined flour along with softened butter and make a soft dough.
2) In a cake tin spread the dough in an even layer of 1 cm thickness.
3) Blind bake the crust at 180 degrees for 20 mins.
4) In a bowl separate 2 eggs and add caster sugar to the yolks and cream it.
5) Beat the egg whites till soft peaks and keep aside.
6) Once the milk mixture is a little cool add it to the yolks and keep whisking.
7) Reheat the milk on low flame while whisking so that the yolks would cook and thicken and add corn flour.
8) Add the cream and condensed milk to it and stir.
9) Cool this mixture and slowly fold in the egg whites.
10) Pour on top of the crust in the cake tin and bake again at 160 degrees for 45 mins.
11) In a pan melt sugar along with water and when it turns amber colour, add butter to it.
12) Add the sliced almonds and then pour the caramel on top of the baked cake. Chill and serve.
A fresh summery recipe to instantly uplift your spirits featuring the freshness of mint with the zing of oranges. easy to bake and easy to store and an instant hit with all kinds of crowdsRead more