1) In a bowl add refined flour along with the softened butter and make a soft dough.
2) In a cake tin spread the dough in an even layer of 1 cm thickness.
3) Blind bake the crust at 180 degrees for 20 mins.
4) In a bowl separate 2 eggs and add caster sugar to the yolks and cream it.
5) Beat the egg whites till soft peaks and keep aside.
6) Once the milk mixture is a little cool add it to the yolks and keep whisking.
7) Reheat the milk on a low flame while whisking so that the yolks would cook and thicken and add cornflour.
8) Add the cream and condensed milk to it and stir.
9) Cool this mixture and slowly fold in the egg whites.
10) Pour on top of the crust in the cake tin and bake again at 160 degrees for 45 mins.
11) In a pan melt sugar along with water and when it turns amber in colour, add butter to it.
12) Add the sliced almonds and then pour the caramel on top of the baked cake. Chill and serve.