2) Beat the yoghurt and add to the original mixture and combine well.
3) Add oil to this mixture gradually while beating continuously for 4-5 min and mix until combined. You can use a whisk. Continue beating to combine.
4) Make sure you mix dry ingredients spoon by spoon so that lumps are not formed. Next, add milk and mix thoroughly. Do not overmix. The batter is going to be thick, but that is okay. Add crushed walnuts to the batter and mix. You can top it with more chopped walnuts.
5) Bake at 160 degrees in Meyer Bakemaster Springform Cake Tin for 50 mins, or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean. Allow the cake to cool for at least 15 minutes before serving. Enjoy with some ice cream or a warm slice on its own.
1) Bake the cake as soon as the batter is ready since you don’t want the baking soda to lose its effectiveness.
2) To add more variety, you can combine this with a chocolate cake and it will taste just heavenly.
3) You can use honey/jaggery powder/brown sugar in place of white sugar.
4) You can use the homemade curd instead of yoghurt as well.
5) apples. However, the liquid from the fruit may cause the cake to be baked longer and last for a lesser amount of time.
6) Add nuts, such as sliced almonds, chopped pecans, walnuts, or pistachios to the top of the cake to give it a delicious crunch.
7) Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days or in the refrigerator for up to a week.