Preparation time 10 Minutes
Cooking time 15 Minutes
Besan - 1.5 cups
Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
Salt - 1 tsp
Chopped garlic - 2-3 cloves
Red chilli powder - 1 tsp
Chopped ginger - 1 knot
Turmeric powder - tsp
Green chilli - 1
Cumin (jeera) powder - 1 tsp
Fresh coriander - 1 bunch
Asafoetida (hing) - 1/2 cup
Kasoori methi - a pinch
Ghee - 1 tsp
1. In a bowl mix the besan with all the dry spices.
2. Gradually add water while stirring to make a thin batter that flows.
3. In a pan heat ghee and add cumin, ginger, garlic and green chilli to it.
4. When it splutters add the chopped coriander to it and saute.
5. Add the besan batter to the pan and cook till it becomes thick like a dough.
6. Spread the besan dough onto a baking tray into a sheet of 1 cm thickness like a barfi.
7. Cut it into small squares.
8. Shallow fry these squares till they get a crispy crust.
9. Serve with a chutney of your choice.
A classic British favourite gets a desi twist to it. The soft egg with a crispy bhujia coating makes it the perfect afternoon tea time snack.Read more