An all-time favourite recipe that brings together the smoothness of cheese and the crunchiness of peanuts along with the many health benefits of spinach. Spinach is rich in several minerals including potassium which helps lower your blood pressure and peanuts prevent heart disease by lowering cholesterol levels. Moreover, since cheese is made from milk, it is also packed with Calcium. In a nutshell, this easy home-made recipe perfectly suits out current lifestyles and all the existing health concerns.
What is Spinach Cigars Stuffed With Peanuts And Cheese?
A perfect snack-time recipe that is so easy to prepare and comes out as amazingly yummy and looks gorgeous as well. It combines the goodness of spinach with peanuts and cheese, making it highly flavorful as well as nutritious.
Quick and Easy Spinach Cigars Stuffed With Peanuts And Cheese
Every mother and wife faces a challenge to find new recipes to prepare quickly. This healthy recipe can be used as a breakfast item as well as an evening snack and since it is a non-fried option, you can gorge it without guilt. People who have limited time in hand would also love to give it a try, as it is an instant and healthy option and extremely mouth-watering. .
How to make Spinach Cigars Stuffed With Peanuts And Cheese?
1) Start by boiling water in a saucepan. Wash the spinach leaves and boil the leaves still green (don't overcook it as that will spoil the flavour). Then drop it in ice water to cool.
2) After that, take a frying pan and heat some butter in it. You can also use any other oil that you have or prefer. Add chopped chilli and ginger to it, and saute.
3) Add crushed peanuts and roast till light brown (don’t burn the peanuts as this will make the dish taste bitter). Add grated cheese and cook until soft. Add the seasoning & hot sauce with fresh coriander leaves.
4) The next step is to place the spinach leaves on your kitchen countertop and add some stuffing in the middle and gently roll the leaves in a cigar shape.
5) Heat a grill pan and add some butter to it. Place the cigars in the grill pan and let them get the grill marks and remove. Serve hot. You can also pair it up with spiced yoghurt.
1) You can use processed cheese. Remember to add just a little bit of salt as the cheese is already salty. However, if you use mozzarella cheese, you need to add a proper amount of salt.
2) Roast peanuts to make them crunchy however do not over roast them.
3) You can also serve it with tomato ketchup or coriander chutney or both
4) If you do not want to use butter due to health reasons, you can use olive oil.
5)If the cheese is at room temperature, it has more chances of leaking out at the time of frying. Placing them in the fridge first to firm up is always recommended.