Rava Coconut Chocolate Barfi
Preparation time 20 Minutes
Cooking time 10 Minutes
Ghee - 1/4 cup
Sooji Rawa - 1 cup
Besan - 1/2 cup
Sugar - 3/4 cup
Desiccated Coconut - 1/4 cup
Milk - 1 cup
Unsweetened Cocoa Powder - 1/2 cup
1) Heat ghee in a thick bottomed pan and start roasting the sooji, add it in 2 parts, after the 2nd half of the rava. Add in the besan and roast till you get a nutty fragrance.
2) Add in the sugar and keep stirring till all the sugar is dissolved, once done add in the coconut.
3) Add in the milk and cook till you get a dough like consistency and the rava is cooked through.
4) At this point add in some more ghee and the cocoa powder and bring it all together till the cocoa is mixed properly.
5) Set this barfi mixture in a tray and cool it for 20-30 mins in the fridge.
6) Once set, demould the barfi and cut it into small squares. Dust with some cocoa powder and serve.