Rice And Rose Rasgullas
Preparation time 5 Minutes
Cooking time 20 Minutes
Rice - 1/2 cup
Sooji - 1/4 cup
Refined flour - 2 tbsp
Custard powder - 1 tbsp
Rose syrup - 30 ml
Ghee - 1 tsp
Rose petals - Handful
Sugar - 1 cup
Pistachio - Garnish
1) In a bowl mix the leftover rice with the sooji and give it a blend.
2) To the sticky rice paste, add the refined flour, custard powder, and the rose syrup and mix it all.
3) Mix in the ghee to make it less sticky.
4) Make small balls with the rice paste and keep aside.
5) In a Select Sautepan heat around 300 ml of water.
6) Add in 10-15 ml of rose syrup to give it a pink colour.
7) Chuck in the rose petals along with the sugar for the fragrance.
8) Let the syrup reduce till 1/3rd is left.
9) Strain it to remove the rose petals.
10) Add in the rice balls/rasgullas and let them boil for around 3-4 minutes or till they are soft and fluffy and rise to the top.
11) Chill the rasgullas and serve by garnishing with chopped pistachios.
Bored with the usual Indian dessert and think that they lack depth because of their unidimensional sweet taste?! Then this is the recipe for you. The besan laddoo gets a fruity, tangy twist with a vibrant colour from the pomegranate. The sweet and tangy taste feels really good on the palate.Read more