- Tomatoes: 4
- Onions: 2
- Garlic: 7-8 cloves
- Cherry tomatoes: 1 cup
- Salt: to taste
- Pepper: to taste
- Olive oil: as required
- Sourdough bread: 2-3 slices
- Fresh basil leaves: 5-6
- Fresh cream: 5-6 tbsp
Start by preheating your oven to 200 degree celsius. Quarter whole tomatoes and peeled onions and add them to a nonstick roasting tray. Peel and crush garlic cloves and add them into the tray as well. Finally add a cup of cherry tomatoes.
- Over the vegetables add salt and fresh cracked black pepper and drizzle some olive oil. Mix everything together and roast them in the preheated 200 degree oven for 35-40 minutes.
- While the tomatoes are roasting, take the bread slices and cut them into 4 equal triangles, toss them onto the tray and sprinkle salt and pepper with some olive oil. Toss them to coat completely and roast them in the same oven for 15 minutes as soon as the tomatoes come out.
- Once the tomatoes are out of the oven, add fresh basil leaves, with some fresh cream and blend them till smooth.Serve it hot in a bowl and garnish with some more fresh cream and olive oil, with a sprig of basil and freshly ground black pepper.
- Serve them with the crispy toasted sourdough bread slices.
This is a simple method of preparing an assorted types of soup. What you can also do is add a bunch of mixed vegetables and roast them till soft to make a good and hearty vegetable soup.