1) In a bowl sift the refined flour and add sugar, baking powder, yeast and the egg to it along with the milk.
2) Mix the ingredients and once everything is combined, transfer it to a board to knead.
3) Knead it into a smooth dough that is semi-hard and when you push it with a finger it should spring back.
4) Chill the dough for 45 mins in the fridge before using.
5) Take the block of chilled butter and place it on a sheet of butter paper.
6) Fold the butter paper over the butter enclosing it in the paper.
7) Roll it into a sheet of 1cm thickness.
8) Take half the dough and store the remaining half for later use, you can store it in the fridge for about a week.
9) Roll half the dough into a thin sheet and place the slab of butter in the middle and wrap the butter with the dough.
10) Tightly seal the edges so that the butter is fully enclosed and then start rolling the sheet of dough.
11) Roll it into a sheet and once flat, fold the dough into the centre from both the sides like a book.
12) Repeat this procedure 4 times while chilling the dough in between every fold.
13) This procedure will give the pastry its layers and flakiness which is very important.
14) Roll the dough in a sheet and cut out neat squares,
15) Make the square dough into a star shape by folding the edges in.
16) Brush the pastry with egg wash and let it rise for 20 mins
17) Place a dollop of prepared custard and strawberry jam in the centre and bake it at 220 degrees for 8-10 mins.
18) Garnish with chopped tender coconut flesh.