Vegan Layered Tapioca Trifle
Preparation time 10 Minutes
Cooking time 20 Minutes
Mango jam - 1 tbsp
Honey - 2 tbsp
Mango - 1
Tapioca pearls (sabudana) - 1 cup
Beetroot juice - 30 ml
Apples - 1
Coconut cream - 30 ml
1) In a frying pan heat jam, 1 tbsp of honey and fresh cubed mangoes.
2) Add a few drops of water and cook on a low heat to make a thick mango glaze.
3) Soak and boil the tapioca pearls till soft and macerate them in the juice of 1 beetroot for at least 30 mins or till they get a vibrant red colour..
5) In a glass or jar, layer the dessert.
6) Start with a layer of tapioca pearls; top that with cubed apples mixed with coconut cream.
7) Drizzle honey on the top of the apples and then spoon another layer of tapioca.
8) Top it all with the mango glaze and chopped fresh mango.
9) Garnish with a sprig of mint.