If you're looking to avoid the disappointment of overcooked or undercooked meals, then Kadai is the perfect cooking companion for your kitchen. This amazing cookware comes in a variety of materials such as stainless steel, cast iron, hard anodized aluminium and more - so no matter what type of meal you’re preparing, with Kadai it’s impossible to go wrong! With its users from around the world raving about how easy it makes their favourite dishes come out perfectly cooked every time - why wouldn’t you try this revolutionary utensil?
Types of Kadai/Woks
When searching for a Kadai/Wok, you may be overwhelmed by the numerous choices available in terms of base type, manufacturing approach, material quality and handle shape. To make your selection simpler, here is an overview of what's out there.:
Round Bottom wok- This work is designed to make cooking efficient and easy with its round bottom and deep walls for increased capacity. This one is available in Meyer Cast Iron range
Flat Bottom Wok- This wok boasts the same characteristics as its round-bottomed counterpart, with the additional perk of a flat surface that is induction compatible. This kind of Kadai is available in Steel Meyer Select, Meyer Trivantage, Meyer Kitchen Hacks. Meyer Cast Iron and Enamel Cast Iron. Meyer Merlot Non-Stick, Circulon Origins, and Meyer Anzen Ceramic coating.
Advantages of Using a Wok
The following are the benefits of using wok:
Quick to cook with:
Cooking with a kadai/wok is incredibly fast and efficient. This can be attributed to two factors: stir-frying food takes minimal time, as you fry briefly in oil or sauces before serving it immediately. Additionally, the high heat of the wok allows for meals to cook quickly while retaining flavour and texture.
The design of the wok allows for an even spread of heat throughout, which in turn leads to quicker meals. This ensures that all your dishes are cooked evenly and efficiently so you can enjoy a delicious meal sooner!
Uniform Heat distribution design
Kadais/woks are essential to have in your kitchen due to their even heating on the surface for uniform cooking. Not only can you stir, and flip food as needed, but with a wok, it's effortless! This makes having one an absolute must-have for any home chef who wants delicious and evenly cooked meals quickly and easily.
Large is easy
If you're looking to whip up multiple dishes, a wok is your best bet for cooking. With it, you can easily prepare all sorts of ingredients - from meats and vegetables that require longer cook times to items needing shorter procedures. All the while, everything will be cooking in one single pot!
For optimal results, start by adding the tougher ingredients to the hot cooking oil at the bottom of your dish. Then, when these are half-cooked, add any other delicate items such as seafood for a tender and savoury flavour.
With its deep design, kadai/woks not only keep food from spilling out but also make it easy to cook without a mess in the kitchen. Handy and practical - that's what cooking with a wok is all about!
As we transition to healthier lifestyles, it is necessary to utilize cooking tools that support our healthy habits. Woks are ideal for this purpose since they require minimal oil in food preparation, leading to more nutritious and easily digestible dishes.
The design of woks ensures uniform heat distribution and rapid cooking, resulting in food that is still crisp despite using less oil and time. This makes them an ideal tool for achieving delicious yet healthy meals with ease!
Instead of having to buy extra pots and pans, why not use a wok? Not only can you deep fry, boil, steam, or sauté with it - the shape of a wok allows for both meat and vegetables to be cooked simultaneously without any fear of one being over or undercooked. Investing in a wok is an economical way to prepare delicious meals that are sure to impress!
Wok’s buyer’s guide
With so many different types of woks and their respective benefits, it can be hard to know which one to choose. To make your decision easier, here is a concise breakdown of the various options available to you.
Base play an important role
When selecting a wok, it is essential to think about the type of stove you have. Woks come in two varieties: flat- and round-bottomed. If your range is electric though, then we suggest buying a flat bottomed one for optimal performance!
Size of the kadai/wok
When selecting a wok, make sure to purchase one that will accommodate the quantity of food you plan on cooking while avoiding both undercooking and spillage. Finding the right size is vital for successful culinary experiences!
Types of Material and Non-stick
When selecting a Kadai/wok, you must take into consideration the speed at which you want your meals cooked since each material such as Cast iron, stainless steel, aluminium, or hard anodized aluminium have their own distinct heating and conductivity capabilities. Make sure to choose wisely so you can whip up culinary delights in no time! If you're searching for a wok that's not only simple to clean but also promotes healthy cooking, non-stick should be your go-to choose. It is essential to bear in mind though that this type of cookware is perfect for anyone who desires less oil and no sticking food, as well as easy cleaning. High-end brands such as Meyer feature a broad range of premium non-stick cookware, constructed with Cast iron, stainless steel, aluminium, or hard anodized aluminium. When choosing the perfect wok for your needs, weigh up the pros and cons - will you opt for sleek stainless-steel finish or settle on convenient lightweight aluminium with its trusty non-stick coating?
Lid is helpful
If you're looking to prepare a delicious Indian dish, nothing is more helpful than having a kadai/wok with an accompanying lid. Faster cooking, nutrients don’t evaporate, and spatter of oil or gravy would be super easy to manage.
Some recipes you can try using a Kadai
Chicken Kebab Curry
- Begin by combining minced chicken with a pinch of salt, red chilli powder, half tablespoon of ginger-garlic pastes and a squeeze of lemon juice.
- After seasoning the mixture with turmeric powder, let it rest for one hour before adding some rice flour to form kebabs.
- Fry them in hot oil until golden brown and set aside.
- For the gravy base, sauté onions until cooked through then add another half tablespoon of ginger garlic paste along with ground coriander seeds and whole red chillies combined cumin seeds as well as more salt to taste.
- Pour in curd followed by water then simmer on low heat for five minutes.
- Before finishing off your dish by incorporating kasuri methi and garam masala powder into the bubbling concoction alongside freshly fried kebab pieces.
- Sprinkle over fresh chopped coriander leaves prior to serving - you'll be sure to enjoy this delicious meal!
Egg Fried Rice
- Start by heating some oil in a kadai or wok.
- Now, proceed to add the finely chopped onions and sauté until they are soft.
- Mix in your sliced green chillies as well as red chilli powder before stirring for several seconds.
- Next, put in the masala paste while continuously cooking it for a few minutes.
- Add half-cooked cabbage into this deliciously smelling mixture with salt and sugar to taste, followed by soy sauce of your choice.
- Stir everything together nicely so all flavours may intertwine perfectly!
- Finally, fold the cooked rice into this medley along with scrambled eggs and fresh coriander leaves - egg fried rice is ready just like that!
Kheer in Kadai
- To start, bring five cups of milk to a boil in a large kadai.
- Add your soaked rice and stir until fully incorporated before simmering on low heat for 15 minutes or until the grains are cooked through.
- Gently mash the grains to achieve creamy consistency - then pour one cup more of milk and adjust accordingly.
- To sweeten, add 1/4 cup sugar and cook for three further minutes until dissolved completely.
- For added flavour, roast some nuts then sprinkle over along with ¼ tsp cardamom powder.
- Mix thoroughly together and you're finished!
- Serve at either hot or chilled temperature –
- Refrigerated it can even last up to a week! Enjoy your Rice Kheer!