- Sourdough Bread: 2 slices
- Ricotta cheese: 200 g
- Whole tomatoes: 3-4
- Basil leaves: 5-6
- Salt : to taste
- Black pepper: to taste
- Olive oil: as required
- Balsamic vinegar: as required
Start by slicing sourdough bread. Drizzle some olive oil and sprinkle some salt and pepper into it. Toast the bread on a hot pan till evenly browned and crispy from both the sides.
- Chop some tomatoes into big chunks and add them into a stainless steel tasla. Add some chopped basil leaves into it, with some olive oil, salt and pepper. Mix everything together and set it aside.
- Take some ricotta cheese and season it with salt and pepper. On the toasted slice of bread spread a thick layer of the seasoned ricotta cheese and top it off with the basil tomato mix.
- Top the whole bruschetta off with some balsamic vinegar and enjoy.
To have a more complicated and deeper Italian flavour, minced garlic can also be added to the ricotta as well as the tomato mixture. To flavour the bread more, rub a clove of garlic on the toasted bread.